Chelsea have no intention of selling Diego Costa amid reports the striker is a transfer target of Chinese clubs. The 28-year-old has reportedly fallen out with his boss and trained on his own on Monday, however this was to aid his recovery after he missed Chelsea's win at Leicester on Saturday with a back injury, says boss Antonio Conte.
The Premier League leaders, who recently sold midfielder Oscar to Chinese club Shanghai SIPG for £60m, do not need to raise further funds through selling players. Reports have linked Costa with a move to the Chinese Super League that could earn him £30m a year. On Monday, the league introduced a rule stating teams could only field three non-Chinese players.
The Spain international, who has scored 14 Premier League goals in 19 appearances this season, missed three days of training last week and was seen training at the club's Cobham training ground on Monday. Conte has not confirmed or denied any rift with the former Atletico Madrid player, and said that if such a problem arose he would deal with it in-house. Costa has scored 51 goals in 99 games for the Blues since joining from Atletico for £32m in 2014.